יום שני, 8 בנובמבר 2010

ציטוט

I love gear. I love the feel of opening up a box and taking out a brand new camera for the first time. I love the click of a soft shutter and the zip sound of the rewind lever. I love opening up an old camera and seeing how the parts move. I love seeing how my picture looks on the back of a camera’s gorgeous LCD screen. I used to love camera rumors. I used to love bashing other cameras on forums. I used to love converting others to my camera of choice. I used to spend countless hours reading like-minded posts. I’ve spent lots of money on various review sites.
Then my son was born.
I started to see the world through his eyes. Not everything was tack sharp. Not everything was color perfect. Not everything was in focus. The only thing he needed was love. I want my son to look back and see his pictures through my eyes. I don’t need him to see how film like the files look. I don’t need him to see the magic of ISO12,000. I don’t need him to see the difference between Fuji Pro 400H and Kodak Portra 400. I just want him to see my love for him through my love of photography.

Photograph: John Fong


4 תגובות:

  1. אמנם אני לא מכירה אותך, אבל אם היית כותב את הטקסט הזה בעצמך הייתי מאמינה לך. החיבור שלך עם בנותיך ניכר בצילום והוא מלא ברוך ואהבה.

    השבמחק
  2. גלעד מלנקי8.11.2010, 21:51

    ואו..טקסט ענק. די התחברתי כי גם אני בתחילת דרכי בצילום התעמקתי בצד הטכני..מה "חסר" לי מבחינת ציוד במקום להתמקד במה ניתן להשיג - עם מה שיש, ואפשר הרבה.

    השבמחק
  3. A wind,
    תודה לך. אני לא כל כך מזדהה עם הטקסט, לפחות בכל מה שקשור לאובססיה הטכנולוגית. גם התפיסה שלי לגבי הצילום נוגעת יותר להווה מאשר לעתיד. ועדיין, את לא טועה בקשר לעיקר.

    השבמחק
  4. גלעד,
    אני שמח שאתה חושב כך.

    השבמחק

Google Analytics Alternative